Articles Blog

Girl, 14, dies after her phone battery explodes on her pillow

Girl, 14, dies after her phone battery explodes on her pillow


A schoolgirl died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan The next morning she was found dead with the phone’s battery having exploded close to her head Her device had been plugged into a power socket, police said. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died immediately Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, pictured above (and with a friend, left), died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she sleptWhen devastated relatives called paramedics they could only confirm the fact of her death   Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged, according to local reports Her death was described as a ‘tragic accident’. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Terrifying moment a tram ticket inspector slams a young man Moment a furious WALRUS gores a hole in a Russian naval. Share this article Share The brand of smartphone was not disclosed Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted: ‘I still cannot believe it ‘ She wrote: ‘You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you I miss you so much. You have left me forever.’  Alua Abzalbek, pictured above (left in right-hand image with best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva), had gone to bed listening to music in Kazakhstan Alua Abzalbek, pictured with a friend, died when her phone overheated while charging, according to forensic experts

12 thoughts on “Girl, 14, dies after her phone battery explodes on her pillow”

  1. Tragicalm accident yes.

    But let's be honest how stupid to you have to be to plug a phone in (an electronic device) an put it under your pillow and not expect something to happen like this.

  2. С любовью обними мою душу и иди со мной на луну, вернувшись с любовью навсегда 💕 Our soul … From my heart Sorry … A lua brilha para sempre com esperança por nós … (Abrace minha alma com amor e vá para lua comigo, retornando com amor para sempre ,Nossas almas 💕

  3. I came here as soon as I heard my Dad said to my brother that a teenage girl died from her phone being overheated in her bed, and that my brother has so stop sleeping with his phone in his bed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *